About us (English)
Naturskyddsföreningen Malmö is part of Swedens largest environmental NGO, Naturskyddsföreningen. In English we’re refered to as SSNC – Swedish Society of Nature Conservation.
The Swedish Society for Nature Conservation is a charitable environmental organisation with the power to bring about change. We spread knowledge, chart environmental threats, propose solutions and influence politicians and authorities, both nationally and internationally. Under democratic forms, we work regionally in 24 county branches and locally in 270 community branches.
We apply pressure to politicians, influence legislation, inform – including via our own magazines, books and press material – and organise seminars, debates and conferences. The Swedish Society for Nature Conservation has been Sweden’s most influential environmental organisation for decades and currently has around 203,000 members. Climate change, seas and fishing, forests, agriculture and environmental toxins are our priority areas of work, both nationally and globally.
For many years we have also been working on our species projects: the pilgrim falcon, the white-tailed eagle and the white-backed woodpecker. In addition, we are behind the world’s toughest environmental label, Good Environmental Choice.
Among other things, our work has contributed to:
- A ban on phosphates in laundry products
- Mt. Städjan in Dalarna being protected from exploitation
- Congestion charges being introduced in Stockholm
- Many vulnerable forests being saved
- Mangroves being replanted in a number of places in Latin America and Africa
- Triclosan toothpaste disappearing from many supermarket shelves
- White-tailed eagles and pilgrim falcons increasing in numbers
What you can do to help
- You can become a member for 24kr/month.
- Participate and help out with the events we do here in Malmö, send us an email to email@example.com.
- Come to one of our activities and get to know us, that way it’s easier for us to find something we can do together.
- Help out on Malmö Green Map to help keep our map of eco-friendly places in Malmö fresh and up-to-date.
- Spread the word about our activities, we’re always happy for more publicity!